In Folklore and Mythology Mermaids are not usually full of love and light, they represent the darker aspects of ourselves and are often known for drowning men. So for us watery people sometimes channeling our own inner Mermaid and just drowning the paper in water till it becomes mush and returning it to the earth is just as effective. If you work with Mermaid spirits you can also call on their aid to help banish and drown your sorrows.
How to do this...
- You will need a sacred vessel dedicated to dark moon work, pen and paper, dark moon water
- Take your vessel that is dedicated to nocturnal and banishment work and set it in your work space. You will want to have a different vessel for this type of work to keep the energies different that your full moon. healing, manifesting type work.
- Pour your dark moon water in the bowl. Dark moon water can be made the same way as full moon water, just during the dark moon cycle
- Charge your water with intent by speaking to it and telling it what you need
- Write what you want to banish on the paper and charge it as well
- Now focus your intent and drown the paper in the water, crumple it up, tear it apart and let it turn into mush
- Take your vessel outside and pour it onto the ground and bury the paper mush, if it is personal work, emotions and healing work with your local land spirits and let them recycle the energy. If you are taking this a step further and working banishing or cursing magic, be very sure to take the water away, dispose of it at a crossroads or in a location away from your home in the west (endings) or north (underworld and death).
- Walk away and let the magic work